Make me your “Fairy Godmother” and I’ll transform your dress into the perfect fit for you!
Bridal Gown Alterations
A series of 3 or more fittings will be scheduled starting 10-12 weeks prior to the wedding day to ensure the perfect fit. The shoulders, bust, side seams, hem and bustle are evaluated to determine which alterations will be needed to create a flawless fit during your initial fitting.
Bridesmaid/Special occasion dresses
Special occasion dresses should be scheduled approximately 4-6 weeks prior to the special event to obtain the perfect fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
I was measured when they ordered my dress. Do I really need to have my dress altered?
Although your measurements taken when you ordered your gown, wedding dresses are rarely made-to-measure. Which means you may not fit into the dress designer’s size chart perfectly. This results in retailer selecting the best size for you according to your measurements. This also means once it has arrived and you try it on for the first time your dream gown may need some tailoring to achieve the perfect for your shape and height,
Why can't I get an estimate online or over the phone?
Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to give a fair estimate for both the customer and the seamstress over the phone or online due to dress design, as fabrics, lace, & beading all are taken into consideration in the pricing. However, we have posted a price list of most common alterations with an explanation and average price range for each given alteration. You can check the list out here
I have a really busy schedule, why do I need so many appointments?
Generally speaking, it take 3-4 appointments with the first schedule 10-12 weeks prior to the wedding for wedding gowns and 4-6 weeks for bridesmaid’s & prom dresses to give enough time to achieve a precise fit to your dress..
- The 1st fitting will address bodice alterations and possibly the hem.
- The 2nd fitting the hem is marked or checked & bustle pinned (if hem was marked at initial fitting)
- The 3rd fitting to finalize the bustle & give bustle lesson to attendant. And final approval of completed alterations.
- 4th Pick-up appointment– If having the dress steamed & pressed by us a pick-up date will also be scheduled.
What do I need to bring to my first appointment?
To make the most of your first fitting, the following items should be brought to your first & all subsequent fittings as the will greatly impact the fit & accuracy of the the alterations of your dress.:
- The shoes you will be wearing with your dress. The height of the shoe heel can impact not only the height of the hem and bustle but alterations in the bodice area too.
- The undergarments you will be wearing under your dress. Bridal and specialty gown are not designed for you to go Au naturel under your gown. If you have chosen a dress that is form fitting to the hips; you may not want to wear Spanx or other type body shaper to make restroom use easier, ( I highly recommend wearing a long-lined bra to achieve a smooth, shapely fit and often saves on alterations too!)